This position reports to the Director of Ministry Advancement and is a member of the Donor Correspondence Department. The Advancement Assistant is responsible for updating all donors who are assigned to a project. This includes creating assignments, construction updates, dedications and follow up reports monthly as well as maintaining donor records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Key responsibilities and essential characteristics include percentages of time.)
- Project Correspondence
This position creates more than 400 donor updates per month. The position requires managing a daily work flow, researching donors and their projects, creating specific updates using department templates, merging letters, and logging all updates and activity related to assignments, construction, dedication and follow up reports. The position must have knowledge of both donor and project databases, working with the International Church Growth department to provide donors reasons for late projects. The position also interacts with the Development Team, ensuring they are able to deliver donor dedications and fulfill donor expectations.
- Telephone Calls and Other DC Duties
This position handles credit card donations and MBC orders over the phone, as well as updates Donor Perfect addresses as needed. The position also handles tracking department supplies and ordering. Upon request, the position writes special letters to accompany donor updates on the Megalist. The position performs other DC duties as requested or needed by the department, such as creating special donor updates or helping a Development Officer prepare for a meeting with donor update history.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Follower of Jesus Christ. College degree or equivalent experience. Strong attention to detail. Strong organizational and communication skills. An appreciation for the passion of the ministry’s work. Excellent word processing knowledge and typing skills, using Microsoft Word, along with a general comfort using computers. Proficiency using Microsoft Office and the willingness to train on other software as needed. Comfortable in working with numbers. Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of program principles, policies and procedures. Ability to advance work on own initiative, using problem-solving and creative skills. Proven ability to organize, self-start, multi-task and maintain the timely execution of administrative tasks. Servant and missionary heart; positive attitude and teamwork-minded. Urgency for accuracy and quality of the finished product. Ability to balance and prioritize time in carrying out tasks. Openness to feedback and instruction.
If interested, please contact email@example.com
Development Officer, Southwest Region
International Cooperating Ministries (ICM) Development Officers (DOs) are fundraisers working with and cultivating major donor relationships.
Qualified candidate will possess:
- A strong/sincere passion for the ICM mission and belief in its Statement of Faith
- 3-5 years of successful major donor development experience (evangelical nonprofit a plus)
- The demonstrated ability to journey with approximately 100 major donor partners while adhering to ICM’s standard of conduct and advancement philosophy
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and effective presentation skills
- The self-motivation to work independently and the cooperative skills to work with the DO/ICM team
- The ability to travel and manage time and resources effectively
- The ability and desire to lead international donor vision trips
- The organizational skills to develop, document, and execute plans to engage and cultivate long-term donor relationships
- The technical ability to utilize the hardware/software used by DOs
- The desire to learn/adapt/share best practices that help achieve ICM objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must pass a pre-employment reference screen
- Proof of valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report required
- Must provide proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org